Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Dollar Store Garden Decor

Welcome to DAY FIVE! Who doesn't love the DOLLAR STORE?  Well we all do and here are some great holiday ideas using our Dollar Store finds.


Welcome to the third annual 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop!

Stop by every day from December first through the twelfth for new ideas you can use to make your season brighter!

Meet Your Hosts

They have all been busy as Elves creating, decorating, cooking and crafting tons of new ideas for you to try this holiday season!

Using a few simple items from the Dollar Store, I was able to create this garden light. 

A metal trellis
Battery-operated Lantern
Decorative Mesh
Plastic snowflakes
Diamond wrap beading
(small clothespins which I already had)
I wanted the lantern to be white so I used white spray chalk paint on it after taping off the clear globe part.  Using hot glue I added the turquoise beading.  I have to say I LOVE this beading ribbon!  It's soft and flexible and so easy to work with. They had it in several colors and I think I'll be grabbing more of that on my next trip.
The snowflakes are clipped onto the trellis with small clothespins.  I just used hot glue to attach the beading to the pins.
I created a fluffy bow with the mesh and secured it at the center with more of the beading ribbon.


Be sure to visit our fellow 12 Days of Christmas Bloggers below for even more creative ideas this holiday season!
12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop 2018. Intelligentdomestications.com


15 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love the jewels on the lantern. It's so pretty and perfect for winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! Not sure how it will hold up to winter but it's still hanging in there!

      Delete
  2. What a darling lantern that you enhanced so perfectly, Lauren! You're so creative, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You took the drab lantern and made it so pretty! I love that beaded ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beverly - I went back and got a bunch of the colors of that ribbon - I like that it's flexible so makes it easy to work with.

      Delete
  4. Oooh la la! So pretty, my friend :) And oh-so-perfect for winter.

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea and turned out beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. So chic! Love the dollar store! Great idea, too. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog this week... I am happy I was able to find time to post. I do miss chatting and visiting you all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you Pam! It's no painting but hey, it was the dollar store challenge haha!

      Delete
  8. Nice!!! I would never have guessed that the items were from the dollar store.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how pretty! You doll things up to the degree that one would never dream they cost so little! You do an amazing job. Oh, by the way, I wanted to tell you that we made your mini frittatas the other day, and oh, my, they are SO good! We have ONE left, and I plan to eat it for breakfast in the morning, Lord willing. :) Thanks so much for the blessing you are and the things you share here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just so cute! I love the lantern in white. I'm going to have to look for one of those

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave your comment!