Sunday, June 2, 2013

Decorating With Spring Flowers

  It may not FEEL like spring here in the Midwest but my Peonies are FINALLY starting to open.  I think they're rebelling against the cold and wet weather.  With a break in the rain, I decided to cut the first blooms and start bringing their delicious scent inside to enjoy.
 Once I brought them inside, I realized that my Heuchera blooms perfectly matched the beautiful pink centers of the Peonies!
After cutting some stems to add to this arrangement, I decided to add them to the bottles in my bay window (I had a single fern stem in them to begin with).
I've collected these vintage bottles over time and love putting just a single stem in each.
Heuchera is such a great perennial!  I only have this one variety but there are SO many different colors of leaves and blooms and they are very hardy, even with our harsh winters!
I know there is beauty in EVERY season but I couldn't help but be awed by the beauty and detail of the Peony.  What an amazing God we have!








5 comments:

  1. Oh Lauren, I love your arrangements. Your peonies are beautiful and I love your collection of vintage bottles with a single bloom in each!:)

    How I long for summer now:)

    Hugs
    Sumaya

    ReplyDelete
  2. The small bottles are perfect for your window sill. I love the big peonies, too! They are blooming here, too. My mother in law has some big white blooms! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little bloom bottles are so pretty. I love simple things like that too. A single flower in a jar is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Our peonies finally bloomed this year. I missed the peonies at our old house so my M.I.L donated some of hers.

    Thanks so much for stopping by to enter my 5th Anniversary giveaway! Deadline extended until Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave your comment!