Saturday, June 15, 2013

Homemade Flavored Creamer Gift


I made this for my hubby for Father's Day but it would certainly be appreciated by any coffee lover in your life.
Gotta love those cute Starbuck's bottles! Not much to my design -- I just spray painted the box black as well as the lids and decorated using coordinating papers.  The labels were made by running the paper through my printer and then cutting them out.
  The creamers I made were:  Amaretto, Cafe Vienna, Bavarian Mint and Toffee.  There are a lot of recipes out there but these particular ones came from Taste of Home (although I'm providing the recipes for you below). One suggestion I have is that you combine these in a food processor or coffee grinder (I used my coffee grinder) as I think the ingredients are more evenly and fully combined that way.  I also added the amount to use on each label as that differs sometimes depending on the flavor.
 To complete this gift I purchased several different boxes of coffees for my husband to keep in his office with his Keurig brewer.  Note:  It's best to use a plain, unflavored coffee with these mixes.  If you have a flavored coffee and then add one of these, you may get some 'funky' tasting coffee!
 Stacked and wrapped with a simple, brown, striped paper, I just tore extra paper in strips, curled it and taped it on top for a "manly" bow.
Now here are the recipes: (Note: I cut the amount down from the original recipes to fit in the bottles so here are my amounts which made one bottle of each.)

Amaretto Coffee Creamer
1/2 cup nondairy powdered creamer
1/2 cup sifted confectioner's sugar
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon

Combine all ingredients and process with a food processor or coffee grinder. To serve: Stir 2 TBS. creamer into 6 ounces of hot coffee. 

Bavarian Mint Coffee Creamer 
1/2 cup nondairy powdered creamer
1/2 cup sifted confectioner's sugar
1/4 cup Dutch process cocoa
1/4 tsp. peppermint extract

Combine all ingredients and process with a food processor or coffee grinder.  To serve: Stir 2 TBS. creamer into 6 ounces hot coffee. 

Cafe Vienna Flavored Creamer
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup dry milk or nondairy creamer
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon

Combine all ingredients and process with a food processor or coffee grinder.  To serve: add 1-2 tsp. min into hot coffee and stir.

Toffee Coffee Flavored Creamer
1/2 cup nondairy creamer
1/2 cup packed brown sugar

Combine and process with a food processor coffee grinder.  To serve: add 1-2 tsp. mix to coffee and stir.  

Marvelous Mondays http://www.jamscorner.com/
From My Front Porch to Yours http://frommyfrontporchtoyours.blogspot.com/
Under the Table and Dreaming http://www.bystephanielynn.com/



7 comments:

  1. I would love to try these! We are BIG coffee drinkers here. We've added an afternoon cup of coffee, too. I hope you and your hubby enjoy your Sunday my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonour,
    Une dégustation s'impose... Hum!! cela me semble très bon.
    Gros bisous à vous et bonne fête à tous les papas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic gift-love this!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know you could make these at home. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful recipes! thank you for sharing them at TTF this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great!! I actually just held on to a Starbucks bottle this weekend, maybe this is the project for it :-) Thanks for sharing, pinning now!

    Hannah ♫
    Sew Lah Tea Dough

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great personal gift. Thank you so much for linking up! Hope to see more from you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave your comment!