Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fall Decorating and Allium

Well I FINALLY got my fall decorations up so I'll share some with you today.  Here's my new/old ladder with a garland and a few other goodies.
I had these tiny, unfinished frames I bought at the thrift store. There were five per package and they were 80 cents a package so I couldn't pass them up. All I did was give them a coat of flat, black spray paint and covered the inserts with fall fabric scraps I already had.  I also had the 3-D letter stickers so those were used to spell out the word "Autumn".  I think I may keep these up for Christmas and just change out the inserts.
This is a dried Allium plant.  A friend of mine grew them this summer and was going to throw them out.  Thankfully her husband stopped her and said, "I bet Lauren would find something to do with these." -- he was SO right! This one found its way onto my ladder!
Two more of the Allium ended up in my porch display.  I just draped a piece of fall fabric I had, over the chair.  Then I added a garland, my wooden pumpkins and of course, the Allium 'skeletons'.  A potted mum replaced the Impatiens.  


Now my house is beginning to match up with the definite chill in the air!

10 comments:

  1. Your ladder all dressed up for fall looks great Lauren. I'm done fall inside now I need to get busy and do the outside.

    Enjoy your evening,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading this post...loved the idea of using the little frames (even for other seasons) You did a good job on your decorating and what a nice neighbor you must have. Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some darling original decorations going here! So cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely ideas for Fall decorating! I am just getting started! Thanks so much for visiting me and leaving such kind comments! I hope you have a wonderful week! Happy decorating!
    Best Wishes and Blessings,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. youve inspired me to start decorating for Autumn thanks so very muchly xx Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great addition to your Halloween decor! It's perfect! And such a perfect idea! I would love for you to share this at Show & Share!

    http://southernlovely.blogspot.com/2011/09/show-share-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute, and so festive! Nice work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking ladder, lovely lady!! So festive! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! I have a great new/old ladder as well and cannot wait to show it! Thanks for sharing!
    ~Tami

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun fall decor ideas! Thank you for linking this up to our party show and share on Wednesdays. We would love for you to come back this week and link up your latest project

    A mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
    tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave your comment!