Thursday, January 23, 2020

Valentine's Day Decor


I LOVE (pun intended) decorating for Valentine's Day.  Partly because it is so empty looking after the Christmas decorations come down and partly because it brings much needed cheer during the dreary months of January and February.  This little tree was in our bedroom at Christmas and is now in the bay window decked out in red and mostly handmade ornaments.  You can check out my chenille ornament post with instructions HERE and my vintage-style Valentine ornaments HERE.



My ledge in the living room always gets dressed for the holidays.  This year I added battery-operated red fairy lights. I got these on Amazon.  Love that they have a remote control with a bunch of different settings, a timer and a dimmer.  They are super long too - 33 feet!


This bird cage was my mom's.  I used it at Christmas but thought these little snow babies sharing a soda looked cute inside.


Can you believe that people used to give these giant cards for Valentine's Day? So beautiful!




Another set of the red fairy lights in my kitchen cabinet along with some DIY vintage valentine cards I made.



Did your Dollar Tree have these great, metal words? All three in a package for 1.00!? (The third one says 'XOXO')



More kitchen decor . . .


A few years ago when I re-did my kitchen, I removed the doors to the cabinets above the refrigerator. This is another fun spot to decorate for the holidays.

Winter has finally arrived here after a glorious delay while we enjoyed an extremely warm and dry December.  I'm not fond of this weather at all . . . best to try to stay inside as much as possible and keep warm.  That's my philosophy AND Hudson's . . .

 



7 comments:

  1. I love how you've used all those vintage valentines in your decorating. And those chenille valentine ornaments in last year's post are adorable. Great pictures. Each one holds a fun surprise. And many ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your vintage decorations. They're so cheerful and fun. I love the vintage feel of Valentine's Day so much more than most of the new. I'll bet your house is cute as can be! These pix are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ❤️ decor looks perfect, Lauren! The red lights really add a sparkle. I did decorate my bedroom tree with hearts and put two of my chenille people on it. Thanks for encouraging me. Hudson looks so handsome and cuddly. 💕

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little Hudson is so adorable with his red bow tie. What a cutie. I love all your valentines decor especially the vintage valentines cards. I love those. Happy Friday.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love (pun intended) your Valentine's decor! I saw a wonderful tree in the local hardware store after Christmas and I coveted it but talked myself out of buying it because we have no where to store it. Wish we had the space for it and could decorate it seasonally but I'd have to get rid of a piece of furniture if I did. Oh well. Hudson has the right idea to stay inside where it's warm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely, charming decorations.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was fun to see all your Valentine lovelies, Lauren. And that Barbie Doll! - you know, I love them and used to play with them all the time growing up with a neighbor friend. She had so many clothes and accessories for her dolls, and I only had a few, but it was fun just the same. Your vintage tins are delightful, and the white angel is sweet. Love those red fairy lights too.

    Happy Valentine's Day, Lauren.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave your comment!