Wednesday, August 16, 2017

EASY Reclaimed Wood Cornice

 
I'm almost finished with our bedroom update.  One of the many projects in this budget makeover is this reclaimed wood cornice.  There is only one window in the room so I wanted to make it a little special.
 Total cost was about 6.00 for the hardware and it was super easy!  After I measured and determined the size I needed, I cut the wood and added the braces to hold the pieces together and the brackets that would attach the cornice to the wall.  Once it was put together I just ran my sander over the edges and top to 'clean it up' a bit.
 Hanging it was definitely a two-person job but that was the only part that took a little time, making sure it was level and centered over the window.
 And that was it!  Simple, quick but with a big impact I think!


On any given week (depending on how busy I am!) I love to participate in Link Parties.  These gals put a lot of time and effort into hosting these parties so I always want to show my appreciation by directing my readers to these blogs. 

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday
 

21 comments:

  1. I can see that even though we don't share the love of fall, we still have some things in common. Reading your "about me" I see that we enjoy many of the same things! I love the cornice! One of my brothers made my mom a set of cornices for our livingroom windows when I was a little girl and every time I see cornices, sweet memories come to the surface. I really like the look of the old wood...great project! Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job....have been trying to decide if I wanted to do that in my living room. Still unsure as of yet. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, Lauren! I hope you'll share the rest of your bedroom update after it's completed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks wonderful, Lauren! My hubby made me a wooden box out of old barn wood, the Christmas before he passed away. I keep it always on my dining room table. Your cornice board reminds me of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how neat! I love it!! Thanks so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look of this and how easy it is to make. It is a great project. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks absolutely wonderful! I love the colour of the wood, and I think it will be much enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo la la! I absolutely love this, my friend! I will have to show this to my husband as I think it would be the perfect addition to add to our windows in the living room. You are so clever :)

    Happy hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful finishing touch for sure. That reclaimed wood us beautiful.
    I admire those of you who enjoy projects like that.

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend~

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this Lauren! It adds such character! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm--pinned to our Features & Favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like this! It's great that it hides a simple curtain rod too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes that is quite striking! I'm a rustic kind of gal so I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the rustic and simple quality of these. They look really good in your home. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great look! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so rustic, farmhouse and fall decor take your pick. The wood looks really great against the light curtains. Great job. Pinning.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You made it look really easy and the completed project looks lovely in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your cornice certainly is a special addition to your bedroom. And thanks for the directions. I've never made "furniture" before and had no idea it could be this simple to make.
    Thanks also for the list of places to link up. I will be checking out some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great job!! I love the reclaimed wood look. This would fit right in with my style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Chelsea and for your kind comment!

      Delete
  19. What a great project, it turned out great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave your comment!