Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Patriotic Ladder

My ladder is like my dress up doll . . . I decorate her for every holiday so here she is decked out for the 4th.
The tea towels were a thrift store find, $3.00 for the pair.
 I removed my vintage hankies and replaced them with clusters of these cardboard stars that I got at the same store for 50 cents a package.
 The banner was made from old book pages that I cut out, distressed/aged and then attached a star cut out.  I printed the star shapes on the back of decorative paper and cut them out.  The centers are just a circle added with dimensionals to pop them up.
 Since I had a bunch of these stars, I added some to my window photo displays on the wall and
 scattered some around my jars with ferns.  I have also added red and blue food coloring to the jars for the holiday.  AFTER I took these pictures, I realized it's time to put new ferns in these jars . . . they look a bit sad!
If you haven't entered my give away for the vintage sheet music . . . be sure to do that!

 

4 comments:

  1. Always love seeing how you change out your ladder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ladder is perfect for decorating. I didn't do anything for this holiday...is it too late? heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your patriotic ladder and the fact that you "dress" it for different occasions. I have long wanted a ladder, but I really don't have a place for it. I'll be back to see how you dress up your ladder next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOur ladder looks great. I have a ladder with all my red and white quilts on it. I love it. Just seems to fit in my house. Love your blog too.
    Blessings,
    Debbie
    I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave your comment!