Saturday, December 17, 2011

Multi-Purpose Decorations

Here is another example of what I call "multi-purpose" decorating.  I love this re-purposed frame and use it year round, replacing the picture for various holidays.  
 Here I printed a quote on paper, distressed it a bit and added some stamped elements and a bit of ultra fine glitter (which is hard to see in this picture).
I added one of my snow baby figurines and a vintage doily as well as a bottle brush tree I bleached.  I got a bag of twenty of them in various sizes at JoAnn Fabrics.  After bleaching, I added some pearls and tied the base with a scrap of vintage lace.
I love this vintage card image so I printed and distressed it and added it to this frame which I also use year round.
  The frame was a garage sale find for 25 cents that was painted with chalk paint.
Tags and other embellishments can be adhered with Sticky Tack so you can remove them when the season is over and you get ready to use the frame for another holiday.
I hope you're all finished up with the 'hustle and bustle' now and ready to enjoy the week ahead . . . may it be a blessed week of reflection on the true meaning of this holiday . . . the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ!


13 comments:

  1. This is great Lauren, thanks for sharing!
    laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful frames and prints and it's great that you can have them out all winter long, not just for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wise is the one who can find and re-purpose so beautifully! Thanks so much for visiting and sharing with us at our "What's It Wednesday".
    Hope you continue to join us, and share your design inspiration.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wise woman that you are. Thrifty to the end! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love snow babies too!!! I have a nice collection that I enjoy. These are some beautiful frames and I know that you will share them at NTT...see ya there. Merry Christmas.
    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bleached bottle brush trees spoke to me! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty and great ideas. I love the idea of wrapping the base of the bottle brush tree.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do the same thing with my frames :) You do it beautifully!
    -Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE it! I love things you can change up a little and use year-round!

    Blessings,
    Angie @ Knick of Time

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those frames Lauren! And your idea of re-using them for different holidays is such a good idea!!
    And bleaching the bottle brush tree is another awesome idea!!!
    Thanks for all that inspiration!!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  11. sweet poem, and love how you framed it

    blessings
    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely piece of artwork!

    Thank you for sharing at Potpourri Friday! Have a very Merry Christmas and wonderful Holiday Season!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute! A very Merry Christmas to you and yours!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave your comment!