Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Kitchen Verse

Directly under my sink and above the cupboard doors is a piece of wood that looks like it could be a drawer but it's really not.  I thought it would be a perfect place to add a verse of Scripture and I chose Psalm 34:8.
 I printed and assembled the image first.  Now normally I would use graphite paper underneath to trace/transfer the image . . . and I did . . . the first time.  What I found was that any place I pressed on the paper, left a smudge on the white wood that would not come off.  SO . . . I had to repaint the board and start over.  This time, I just scribbled a regular pencil on the back of the template, not trying to fill it in completely.  This worked perfectly as you can see in the third photo above.  The image was just dark enough to be able to see but no smudges of carbon.
Using regular acrylic paint and a very fine brush, dipped in water to thin the paint each time, I painted the verse on.  Now here's my dilemma.  I felt like it was too bold and stark and since my kitchen is going for that 'retro/vintage' look, I decided to sand the image so it looks as if it has worn off over time.  The photos above are how it looks now.  Below, are the contrasting photos.
What do you think?  I can always go back and repaint it so it's dark again but I decided to let it go for a week or so and see if it bugs me or I love it.  
So, opinions please:   Sanded or dark? 


On any given week (depending on how busy I am!) I love to participate in Linky Parties.  These gals put a lot of time and effort into hosting these parties so I always want to show my appreciation by directing my readers to these blogs. 

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday
 

5 comments:

  1. I think I like the sanded! and love the verse in the kitchen. (taste)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it sanded down best too. It blends in better. What a perfect verse for this spot. You did GOOD! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! What a great place to add a scripture. We have one painted over our front door, but I really love yours under the sink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, sweet friend! Oh, how I have missed you and your wonderful blog. I hope you are well and enjoying this beautiful month of June :)

    Thank you from the bottom of my heart for stopping by my blog yesterday...your comment made me smile :)

    I am in LOVE with the verse you put on your cupboards! What a delightful idea.

    Hugs to you, dear one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave your comment!