Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Outdoor Lighting Fun

My son's wedding is fast approaching and one of the many things I'm working on is a casual, outdoor dinner in our backyard which will follow the reception.  Since it is a smaller wedding, I wanted to be able to invite friends and neighbors over to help us celebrate who we couldn't invite.  The happy couple will be well on their way to their honeymoon and this will be a time for everyone to gather, get comfy, relax and enjoy some food and HOPEFULLY a nice evening outside.  I haven't come up with a "rain plan" yet . . . that's for another day!  I've seen so many great ideas out there from talented bloggers featuring outdoor lighting (many that I plan to copy!) so I thought I'd feature them here and maybe you'll find some that you'd like to try!
Amanda over at The Ivy Cottage created these using those old glass telephone insulators! Stop over and see all of the different ways she shows how to use these.
Deneen over at Dreaming In Color created this adorable outdoor chandelier -- I bought the exact same one at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore just a few weeks ago . . . mine is getting a bath in tomato red and you'll be seeing the finished product soon!

Beachcomber26 took an old ladder, added some pots and jars of flowers and jars with candles to create these adorable way to light up the night!  Funny thing . . . I have an old ladder like this with the flower pots on it . . . just have to add the jars with candles! 
What do you get when you combine a tuna can, wood screw, copper adapter and an old paint stick? A beautiful garden light!  Diane from In My Own Style took these simple things and created this hurricane lantern!  She gives some variations and suggestions for using other materials as well so anyone can create these.

And finally, Canning With Kids created this chandelier using canning jars and a canning basket!  Think of the possibilities?! 

So are you inspired? I'm sure you have even MORE great ideas for outdoor lighting -- share them with us!  I'm off to enjoy the summer evening in my gazebo!


12 comments:

  1. There have been so many clever ideas for lighting lately! I love the chandelier!!
    *hugs*deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much for featuring my ladder!! i love the other ideas you have there : )
    cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the feature! The canning idea is fantastic and I love the ladder as well! Great collection!
    Thanks,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the chandelier! I have been looking for something similar for my back patio but I can't seem to find one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for featuring my canning jar chandelier! I love the perfect low lighting in the summer. All of these ideas are great. And I can't wait to see your red chandelier you're making!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the chandelier of course!!! But those telephone insulators is a really inspired idea!!
    Hope you show us what you find to use!!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  7. great ideas...and i also like the chandelier!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the lighting inspiration Lauren. Can't wait to see your hot red chandie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it amazing the amount of creative people and the awesome projects they come up with. The ideas you have featured are great!

    So nice stopping by to visit!

    Kindly, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fantastic ideas! I am collecting jars at the moment to do something wonderful for a party coming up soon... I am just not sure what! Happy weekend! X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post...thanks for the reminder to blog about the everyday things that people want to read. As a real estate agent, I too struggle with what to blog about. Thanks!
    outdoor lighting

    ReplyDelete
  12. If I had one of these at home, everyday will feel like a date night! These light fixtures have a romantic ambiance to it, especially if it's hung above a patio or a dining table. Are all of these DIY? I love how it's cheap and unique at the same time! :)

    Allison Shallenberger

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave your comment!