Thursday, January 14, 2016

CanvasPop Love

 A long time ago I was approached by CanvasPop to receive a free canvas print in return for a review/post of their product and services.  I finally got around to selecting the photo I wanted and now to posting my review.  First of all, I can't say enough great things about this company from customer service to quality and communication!  I have no experience with any other online canvas print companies but honestly, I would not even go anywhere else -- I'm just that pleased!
The process was SUPER simple:  I chose the photo, walked through my options on their website (which is really user-friendly) and ordered the canvas.  I received an email confirmation immediately and the next day received a proof of my canvas for approval.  That's it -- just a week or so later it arrived, ready to hang if I chose to simply hang the canvas as is.  On the back are nice, protectors on each corner to protect the wall.

 One word of advice, if you DO want to frame your canvas, be prepared to pay a LOT for custom framing (around 90.00 for this 16X20 size picture).  You can order it framed from CanvasPop though and while you will pay extra of course, if you are not interested in fiddling with other frames, I'd suggest paying them to frame it.  The issue is that the canvas is thick -- so it sticks out of a standard frame.  MY solution, I used a frame I had in the 'donate' pile, painted and distressed it and added a rustic braid to the edge that stands out from the frame which you can see below.
To me, it was worth saving 90.00! 
Now here's the REALLY fun part . . . this was a gift for my husband for Christmas which I arrived at from seeing the picture below in a gift shop on St. Simons Island, GA where we vacation every year.  We saw the picture, fell in love with it and then looked at the 200.00 price tag and said, "forget it!"
So, unbeknownst to my hubby, I began snapping pictures of seagulls on the Island . . . LOTS of pictures of seagulls.  After we got home, I found the one I thought most looked like the one in the store and used that one for my canvas print.

 Now the best part came on Christmas morning when my hubby opened his gift.  He went from joy, to shock, to this face that said, "Oh no -- you didn't REALLY spend that much on this gift for me did you???".  So before he could have a second heart attack, I told him "No" -- that I had taken the photo, got the canvas for free, the frame I had so instead of 200.00 it cost 2.00 (that was for the braid on the edge).

We talked about where to hang it and he said that when he originally saw it in the store, he thought it would look perfect over the bed in the 'beachy' guest room.  So that's where it hangs . . . okay, so maybe this was one of those gifts that we are BOTH enjoying ;)




8 comments:

  1. Beautiful
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com
    www.scoopfromahandicapper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out great. Love the picture you chose Lauren...I thought you said you were "a terrible pic taker," your words. I don't thinks do :-) The picture is awesome. Love it!

    Hugs,
    ❤️Ana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the type-o. Meant to type "I don't think so"...Yikes, this auto-correct is driving me crazy :-)

      Delete
  3. That photo is really great. All my co-workers at http://paperwriting.xyz/ agreed that this present is really great. As I know, framing was always not a cheap thing. I ordered frames for my painted canvases a lot and every time I was almost crying cause of expensiveness of this thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE IT! Wow... really neat. I love taking photos but haven't had too much time lately to do this. Great present, your hubby must have just loved it. Thank you for sharing! Wondering how much it would have been retail?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photo is stunning, my friend! So clear and vibrant in color. I will have to remember the site for future purposes :) Thank you for your honest review.

    And what a beautiful gift for your husband! I just loved reading the story. Hugs and blessings to you, dear one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, that picture is lovely. I have a special place in my heart for the birds. What a special gift this is for your husband.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave your comment!