Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Nutella Cheesecake Pie

 I love quick, easy desserts, especially in the summer.  This one meets all of my criteria not to mention that it is SO SO good!

This dessert takes no more than 15 minutes to put together and just two hours in the freezer and you're ready to enjoy.

Here's the recipe:
2/3 c Nutella
1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened (you can use light cream cheese as well)
1 8 oz. container Cool Whip (I used fat-free)
1 t vanilla
1/4 c mini chocolate chips
1 chocolate cookie pie crust

Combine the Nutella and cream cheese; add the vanilla; mix in the Cool Whip and pour into the crust.  Top with chocolate chips, cover and freeze for at least two hours or overnight.  To serve, let sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes.  Return leftovers to the freezer.

I'm finally able to start bringing in some of the flowers from the garden.  Our summer has been cool, gray and wet so the flowers are WAY behind schedule here.

I thought they made a nice backdrop for my pie :)

So this evening we'll enjoy our Nutella Cheesecake Pie with a vase of my favorite flowers to decorate the dinner table.  So what are YOUR favorite summer flowers?

Linking to these parties this week . . .
The DIY Showoff   http://diyshowoff.com/
Marvelous Mondays http://www.jamscorner.com/
From My Front Porch to Yours http://frommyfrontporchtoyours.blogspot.com/
Under the Table and Dreaming http://www.bystephanielynn.com/











3 comments:

  1. That Cheesecake looks divine, cool and refreshing. I love your spring flowers, I can't ever decide which are my favorite. I think it's the flower I have in bloom at the time.
    Enjoy. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour,

    Je suis certaine que ce gâteau doit être délicieux... mais bonjour sans doute les calories !
    Une de mes filles de résisterait pas à la tentation !
    De très belles fleurs...
    Merci pour ces merveilleuses photos.
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing! This looks absolutely amazing!

    Happy day to you!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave your comment!