Thursday, February 15, 2018

Garlic Knots

 

Eventually I need to get back to CRAFTING rather than baking but for now, here's another thing I just tried, Garlic Knots.  I was visiting my friend Diane at Lavender Dreams and she had posted about making these Garlic Knots from a recipe she found on Allrecipes.
You can use store bought dough but since I'm enjoying my KitchenAid dough hook attachment, I opted for making my own dough.  You can see the recipe on Diane's site.


After the first rise, I divided the dough into four pieces.


This dough scraper is one of my favorite tools because you can use it to measure, cut and then clean off your cutting board.


Just head on back to Kindergarten and roll those 'snakes' of dough (quite therapeutic).


Form the knots loosely so they can rise and still keep their shape.


Nice and puffy and ready for the oven. I like that these rose quickly both times so start to finish it's just about and hour and a half, plus baking time.


Hot and fresh from the oven and ready for a nice, garlic butter bath!


I went a little light on the garlic (just my preference) and I didn't have the 'good' shredded Parmesan but I do like how they turned out and they made a wonderful compliment to several dinners.  Thanks Diane for sharing these with us!

On any given week (depending on how busy I am!) I love to participate in Link Parties.  These gals put a lot of time and effort into hosting these parties so I always want to show my appreciation by directing my readers to these blogs. 

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday



9 comments:

  1. I was wondering where I saw these garlic knots, and then I remembered.....Diane's blog! Oh, they look so Yummy. Hers did as well. These would go well with a bowl of soup. You are making a lot of scrumptious goodies lately, Lauren. I bet your family loves it. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lauren you sure are an awesome cook,thankyou for sharing with us,you always have my mouth watering,lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew it. I knew I shouldn't have clicked on that post title. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't mind if you continue these baking posts. Ha! I can practically smell the garlic from here. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my word!!! These look amazing!! I LOVE garlic knots, but I never dreamed of making them myself. Just a funny side story...my husband and I both worked in banking at the same bank (different branches) for many years. We had gotten to know a lot of people/customers in our hometown. We frequently saw them when we were out and about. One night, we had just loaded up on garlic knots...(I may or may not have eaten far more than my share), and as we left the Italian restaurant, I told my husband, "Boy, I sure hope we don't bump into anyone we know!!!" I didn't want to knock anyone out with my garlicky breath!! About 30 seconds after I said this, one of our more affluent, VERY nice, sweet, affectionate, Italian customers walked smack into us, got in between us and gave us both a hug and kiss on the cheek!!! I have often felt for that man, as I thought how he got blasted with garlic from both sides, as he gave us a hug and turned from one to the other of our faces!!!! Every time I see or hear about garlic knots, THIS is what comes back to my mind!! Just wanted to give you something to chuckle about. :) God bless you, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'm so glad you made them and liked them. They were very easy. I know it sounds like a lot of 'directions' in the recipe but I can see making them again...easy peasy! And they are SO yummy! We ate them with several dinners too. You're having SUCH fun with your new mixer! Thanks for mentioning me. Enjoy your weekend! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look fantastic! I love garlic bread, and these look very fun to make. It's wonderful to be able to make these fresh. I think baking is like crafting....you make something beautiful with your own hands.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw them on Diane's blog, too, and they looked put of this world! Yours do, too, Lauren. Making bread is one of my favorite things to do. I've been doing it since my 20's, and I sure love my dough hook.
    Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh boy, I wouldn't be able to make enough of these to satisfy my husband and son but I sure want to try. They look so good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave your comment!