Monday, February 19, 2018

Chocolate Raspberry Tart

 
My husband wanted to make reservations to take me out for Valentine's Day but I'd really much rather fix an elegant dinner at home (that was one of my gifts to him). I knew this tart was going to be dessert!  Super easy, with just a few ingredients yet it really LOOKS like it took you forever!
The crust is Oreo cookies ( I used the thin ones since I didn't really want a lot of the cream filling in this) crushed in a food processor and mixed with melted butter then baked in a tart pan with removable sides.
The recipe calls for dark chocolate (which I'm not a fan of) so I did two bars of dark and one of milk chocolate. You really would NOT want to do this with all milk chocolate - I think it would be way too rich!
Coarsely chop the chocolate and place in a heat-proof bowl.
Pour your heated heavy cream over the top, covering the pieces and let sit for 4 minutes.
Once it sits, you'll be able to blend the chocolate into this smooth, glossy goodness.
Pour into your cooled crust and refrigerate a few hours.  ( I actually only had mine refrigerate about half an hour before decorating and it was fine.)
Top with fresh raspberries and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
It was SO SO SO good - my husband was very impressed and we enjoyed our dessert with coffee and a small glass of Amaretto.
How fun are these cups? 
I made one of these for my husband (I got the idea from Pinterest of course!). He is such an amazing man that it was very easy to come up with 52 things that I love about him!

We started off our meal with a caprese salad with balsamic reduction


Then we moved on to a super easy and tasty Crab Bisque. and bread sticks formed into the shape of hearts.


Next we enjoyed our steak dinner with herb roasted potatoes and asparagus



It was a lovely evening and in my opinion, SO much better than going out to a crowded, overpriced restaurant!


Recipe from House of Nash Eats

Crust
  • 1 1/2 cups 24 Oreos, finely crushed in a food processor or blender
  • 6 tablespoons melted butter
Filling
  • 12 ounces dark or semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
  • 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
Finishing
  • 2 pints fresh raspberries
  • Optional powdered sugar or chocolate curls for garnish
Instructions
  1. Heat oven to 350. 
  2. Mix the cookie crumbs and melted butter together in a bowl, then press the crust ingredients firmly into the bottom and 1 to 2 inches up the sides of a tart pan.  It can help to use a glass or flat-bottomed measuring cup to do this step.
  3. Bake the crust for 8 minutes, then remove from the oven and cool completely.
  4. Meanwhile, place the chopped chocolate into a heat-proof bowl.  Heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until very hot but not boiling.
  5. Pour the cream over the chocolate and let it sit for four minutes. Then stir using a rubber spatula until the chocolate is completely melted and the chocolate and cream are combined.
  6. Pour the chocolate ganace over the Oreo cookie crust and smooth out the top, if necessary.
  7. Place in the refrigerator and let set for 2 hours. When done chilling, decorate the top with raspberries by arranging them with the conical side up, closely touching. If desired, dust with powdered sugar before serving.

On any given week (depending on how busy I am!) I love to participate in Link Parties.  These gals put a lot of time and effort into hosting these parties so I always want to show my appreciation by directing my readers to these blogs. 

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday



16 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren,wow what a wonderful meal you made for your hubby ,I agree better than a restaurant ,thankyou for sharing your recipe xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic Valentine dinner! It always bugged me how restaurants would jack up their prices on holidays and the dining experience in the crowded restaurant usually leaves much to be desired. So when we "celebrate" at a restaurant, we avoid going on the actual date of the holiday. HA!

    P.S. Love the cameo of the heart teacup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Listen, I know I am NOT your significant other but the next time you feel called to make a meal like this please invite me over, will you? lol This is beautiful--all the way around.

    I think you are the only other person I know that is not crazy about dark chocolate. I am a milk-chocolate gal all the way.

    Have a wonderful week- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH. MY. GOODNESS.
    This dessert looks amazingly delicious!
    I will share it with my daughter, Peyton, who is my in-house baker!
    Your entire meal was lovely.
    Have a cozy afternoon. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Lauren! This is just beautiful! I totally agree with you...who would want to go out and eat in a crowded place and spend so much money on an overpriced meal, when you can make it with so much love and have an intimate, quiet time alone together at home? Just beautiful! I love the little heart-shaped potatoes and how much care you poured into each and every detail. The tart looks amazing...oh, my goodness! So rich and delicious! Thank you for sharing such lovely ideas, as always. You are such a dear blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yum. Chocolate and raspberries - what's not to love. Your hubby must have been so impressed (now...when does he plan to cook for YOU?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so thoughtful and so creative! What a lovely way to say I love you to your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG ... I certainly agree, why go out when you can print such a heart felt dinner yourself and save too... It looks absolutely amazing ..Lucky hubby !!! You really made everything so very special , right down to those adorable heart shaped potatoes. Everything looks extra rich and yummy . WOW ... I might have to borrow some of you great ideas( if you don’t mind)...Thank You for generously sharing xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, oh my, OH MY! What a lovely meal you prepared for your beloved. Everything looks amazing, my friend. And that tart....there are no words!

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMYGOODNESS...what a talented cook you are....I could never ever make all these beautiful dishes..I am so a country girl...red beans and cornbread type cook. :)
    The tart is pure perfection...so beautiful and I KNOW it was delicious. Dark cho is my very favorite but I, too, would add a bit of milk chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. THis looks WAY too delicious! I adore your caprese salad and the heart medallions of the meat and oh, those breads! But this raspberry chocolate confection takes the cake! Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, my. Two of my favorite things -- chocolate and raspberries. YUM Looks like a delightful Valentine dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a meal, Lauren, and oh my...that heavenly dessert!! I would love a slice of that right now, and raspberries are my favorite. My late beloved and I always preferred staying at home for Valentine's Day, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lauren you are speaking my love language! I am pinning this recipe. Your caprese "hearts" are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love chocolate raspberries.....so yummy. I feel it melting in my mouth now! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We stayed in too. That all looks delicious. Thanks for sharing at Keep In Touch. Stop by to see your feature.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave your comment!