Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Vintage Jewelry Tree

Don't you just love seeing how others decorate their Christmas tree? I do! Today on our last day, DAY TWELVE of the Blog Hop, you have the chance to gather lots of ideas and inspiration for your Christmas tree.  At the time of this post, we had not purchased our large tree yet but each year I set up this small tree in our bedroom.  Big, small, themed, no theme, pet-friendly, small child-friendly . . . it's always fun to see what others do!


Welcome to the third annual 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop!

Stop by every day from December first through the twelfth for new ideas you can use to make your season brighter!

Meet Your Hosts

They have all been busy as Elves creating, decorating, cooking and crafting tons of new ideas for you to try this holiday season!




Here's a fun, unique way to decorate a tree for Christmas . . . use vintage jewelry!  I wear almost all of this jewelry throughout the year but at Christmas, it goes on to this small tree in our bedroom. (And if I want to wear it, I just pull it off!)

The top of the tree is wearing a vintage rhinestone bracelet I purchased on Etsy to wear at my son's wedding. How about those real fur, clip on earrings -- those are one of my favorite pairs!



Some of these are pins I got as a young girl.  My dad used to buy me a new pin every year.  


This brooch was my grandmother's.


These vintage dangle earrings were also purchased to wear at my son's wedding.


I chose to add silver beads and vintage prisms as well but you could add whatever you like . . . ribbon, flowers or anything.  It's a simple way to decorate a tree using what you already have on hand.  

Be sure to visit our fellow 12 Days of Christmas Bloggers below for even more creative ideas this holiday season!
12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop 2018. Intelligentdomestications.com



18 comments:

  1. What a neat idea! So pretty...and practical, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, Lauren, to have a tree with vintage jewelry. You have so many special memories on that tree, too, besides it adding such a special sparkle to your room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only I had room in our bedroom for a little tree - I could do this with some of my inherited costume jewelry. Unfortunately every square inch of available surface in our room is piled with gifts. One of the joys of apartment life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lauren wow your tree is so beautiful and blingy,love it,thankyou for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute idea Lauren! Love your heirloom pieces. I have very little vintage jewelry. I started collecting those floral pins a few years ago. I have them pinned to a quilt in my sewing room. I sometimes find fun earrings that I use in my crafting.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your tree and a creative idea that I will have try. So much inspiration!

    Thank you for stopping by the party! Merry Christmas!

    Debby
    Debbygoesshabby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love fun decor that's also functional. The sparkle is a bonus! I hope you'll share your big tree once it's up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Lauren, your jewelry tree is amazing! Love, love, LOVE the bling-bling :)

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. NEVER thought of that! What a cool idea. I have some earrings my mom gave me that I could do that with. I loved playing with them as a kid but not really something I would be wearing out and about. How cool...thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely idea for tree ornaments. It's sentimental and so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an absolutely charming idea! I have some of my mother and grandmothers jewelry that would be perfect. Have a blessed Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a terrific idea. I bet this little bedroom tree is the prettiest. The higher end stones would sparkle so nicely. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such beautiful vintage jewelry, and a lovely way to display it too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your vintage jewelry tree is so pretty, Lauren. It caught my eye right away, as I'm a "jewel" lady. How special that the pieces on here have a story to tell. You must have quite a collection of pins that your dad bought you every year. I really like the green pin in the second collage. What a beautiful tree.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh. I LOVE this tree! What a nice way to display and decorate a tree with bling!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh, I LOVE this tree. What a nice way to display and decorate your tree with some bling!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an amazing idea to use the jewelry, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave your comment!