Monday, May 8, 2017

Kitty's Chocolate Crackles

If you are looking for someone who can really bake (and who has some really cute helpers!) you must visit my new friend Kitty at Kitty's Kozy Kitchen.  Now I have NEVER been able to make those chocolate crinkle cookies . . . and get them to actually CRINKLE.  When I mentioned this to Kitty, she led me to this recipe on her blog for Chocolate Crackle Cookies. And yes . . . I was FINALLY able to get crinkled and crackled cookies thanks to this super easy recipe that uses just a cake mix as it's base ingredient.
 One tip I followed was to use a mixer to combine the ingredients rather than a wooden spoon -- it went much quicker.
 A few suggestions I have are to use a small cookie dough scoop and drop balls of dough directly into a bowl of powdered sugar.  The dough is wonderfully gooey and sticky.
 Once in the sugar, I just used a teaspoon to 'bathe' the balls in sugar.  Then they could easily be picked up and rolled in my hands for nice, round cookies.
 I baked mine as Kitty suggested for 10 minutes and I practically did a dance when I saw they had crinkled! (I know, it's the little things . . .)
 After cooling on the cookie sheet for a few minutes, I moved them to a rack to cool.  I was pleasantly surprised that these are not super, super sweet.  To me, they are just perfect!  I know these will be a great addition to my Christmas cookies but they really are great for any time as far as I'm concerned! Thank you Kitty for this outstanding recipe!

On any given week (depending on how busy I am!) I love to participate in Link Parties.  These gals put a lot of time and effort into hosting these parties so I always want to show my appreciation by directing my readers to these blogs. 

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday
Chic on A Shoestring

 

7 comments:

  1. YUM!! They look very good! Sun is out this week and it's feeling like spring. Now the weeds need attention!
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm! Those look wonderful. . .thank you (and Kitty!) for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lauren, I'm so glad that you tried the recipe and loved them! Thank you for the shout out, too. I've been making those cookies since the 1970's and still love them. Yours look so beautiful, too, and so perfect. Do you know what?? I had to look twice, and go look in my cupboard, but I have a teacup that my youngest son and DIL gave me that matches the plate that your cookies are on. Let's have a tea party, my friend!
    Happy Mother's Day! ❤️🌷❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, YUM! These look amazing! Our son and I made these one time when we were baking Christmas cookies. If I remember right, they did actually look crinkled! It's funny how things like that happen, and it makes you wonder who originally thought up these recipes! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lauren, I've had these before and they are a favorite! Thanks for sharing @Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! Kitty has the best recipes! I confess that I'm not much of a baker so I like how her recipes use mixes, ready-made ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for being a being able to make them the way you like! Sometimes it's just finding that little change. They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave your comment!