Friday, May 26, 2017

Whimsical Garden Teapot

 I got the idea on Hometalk (click here to see their post) and I knew I just had to try it.  I think this is the year of the "whimsical garden decor" for me as I just completed my Napkin Decorated Fence, Plate Garden Border and I have a few other ideas in the planning stages!
I love this bright yellow! It really stands out in the flower bed. For the prisms, I threaded them through a thin piece of wire and attached that to the inside of the teapot.
As I said, I turned the candle holder upside down for this project because the other end has that pointy 'stake' to hold a candle and I didn't want to bother trying to cut it off.  And the saucer literally fit the circle PERFECTLY like it was meant to be there.  E6000 glue was used to cement the cup and spoon to the saucer and then to attach the saucer to the holder.
All of the supplies (I already had the paint and the spoon) cost less than 6.00.  
Now hoping for some SUNSHINE and warmer temps so I can enjoy my yard and gardens!  Have a wonderful and safe Memorial Day Weekend!

On any given week (depending on how busy I am!) I love to participate in Link Parties.  These gals put a lot of time and effort into hosting these parties so I always want to show my appreciation by directing my readers to these blogs. 

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday



9 comments:

  1. Oh Lauren, I'm so glad your tried this darling idea, and shared how you did it. I've seen these and so want one for my garden. Yours turned out so cute and adds some more whimsy to your yard! Happy Memorial Day and I hope you get the sunshine and warm temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! What a fun way to repurpose tea sets. I've never been much of a gardener but whimsical tea-themed decor *almost* makes me want to spend time out in the garden! Happy Memorial Day, Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how NEAT!!!! LOVE this idea! You did an excellent job! Thank you so much for sharing :) God bless you, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet and cheerful garden art!! I also like the napkins on the fence post. You have been busy! I need to weed my garden. SO much rain here...
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! Cute! Thanks for joining Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so adorable! What a cheerful way to dress up an outdoor space. Thanks for partying at Brag About It. Pinning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This garden tea pot is delightful, Lauren. Yellow is such a cheerful color, and perfect for the summer days. I love how the beads are dripping down looking like the tea is being poured.

    Happy June!

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute, Lauren! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm--pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have seen this sort of thing on PINTEREST and have thought about doing it. You yellow pot is beautiful...it must really pop among the flowers! Thinking I need to think about trying it next yr. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave your comment!