Sunday, March 26, 2017

Floral Carrot Door Hanger


I've had this idea pinned to my Easter Pinterest Board for awhile and finally got around to trying it.  The original creator was Holly @ LovetheTompkins.com.  Here is the link to her door hanger instructions.
 I think hers looks more like a carrot than mine but I used whatever orange and green flowers I could find at the Dollar Tree so I had to go with fuller flowers than the tulips and ferns for the greenery.

 I didn't really follow a "plan" but just tried to cut apart the stems (removing all of the green leaves from the floral pics) and then wired them so they formed a tapered "carrot" shape.
 Since the Dollar Tree didn't have tulips I went with two different types of orange flowers, just pulling, bending and shaping them as I went.
I had a roll of this turquoise tulle so I just used that to make a bow for the door hanger.  The ferns aren't as "fine" as the carrot greenery but I think they convey the idea??
I like how bright it is and its easily seen from the street -- I think it really brightens up my drab door!
Total cost was about 15.00 because I needed enough of the flowers to make the carrot shape.  
Spring is "springing" here in Chicago after the mildest, most snowless winter on record so I feel like we cheated "Old Man Winter" this time around.  Nonetheless -- very happy to see green buds and flowers popping from the ground!


On any given week (depending on how busy I am!) I love to participate in Linky Parties.  These gals put a lot of time and effort into hosting these parties so I always want to show my appreciation by directing my readers to these blogs. 


Monday



Wednesday









Thursday








Friday






 

9 comments:

  1. How cute is this! I like the fact that you were able to recreate the carrot using different flowers and the fern. Great job Lauren ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!! Great job - will pin! Next to you at Jes's

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute so that, Lauren??!! I love that you used Dollar Tree flowers and greenery to style your cute carrot. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea! Yours is great on your front door! I am going to craft tomorrow with a friend.
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lauren, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog that is how I found yours!
    Creating a floral piece in a carrot shape for the front door is such a fun idea for Easter.
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is adorable Lauren! Love the turquoise and orange combo. That tulle really pops. Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this idea for spring! It's so bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is SO CUTE!!! Now that I have real doors inside my new "home" {our 41' fifth wheel}, I can finally make wreaths again. Now for a place to store them... hmmm? ;)
    Great idea ~ I pinned to my Crafts to Make board over on Pinterest and the Holidays board via Tailwind.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave your comment!