Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Beachy Window Treatments from Fence Boards


 I've been bouncing back and forth between my Beachy Guest Room makeover and my bathroom update but today I thought I'd share my window treatment for the guest room.  Using old fence boards makes a simple, rustic treatment for hanging curtains. 
I got the fence boards for free on Freecycle and then purchased the hooks at Menard's. They were black so I sprayed them white and then lightly distressed them.  I just spaced them out by "eye-balling" it until I had 16 on each board.  
Using an awl, I poked a starter hole for each of the top screws.  
Hubby did the hanging.  I wanted to make sure they were securely anchored so we did that using wall anchors and four screws to attach to the wall above the windows.
If you wanted to, you could add tie backs to keep the curtains open but since these are so sheer, I opted to have them down.  For the winter, I plan to make some heavier curtains so I will probably add tie backs of some sort.
It's a simple, inexpensive, yet unique treatment that would look good in just about any room I think.  Always fun to add something 'unexpected' in the rooms we decorate, don't you think?


9 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Love how you eyeballed the spacing of the hooks, that's totally something I'd do, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea Lauren. The old fence board is a perfect contrast to the light drapes. Thanks so much for sharing at the Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonjour,

    Une bien bonne idée que celle de ce porte-rideaux ! J'aime le rendu, c'est formidable !

    Gros bisous ✿❀✿

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you hung these curtains! The hooks are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, so so creative, I'm going to do this on on one of my bedrooms, thanks for sharing this on Fabulous Friday Party! Can you send me you contact info so i can send you future invites, I cant find it on your blog lol, here is my email mpbrittis@gmail.com
    Hugs
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH my! Wow! Great job! Perfect for linking up with my new linky party! (Starts on Tuesdays) It is called "Let's Talk Vintage!" Repurposing projects, old family photos, old recipes, latest finds, new listings in a shop.... you name it, if it's vintage, let's talk about it! :) Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These beachy window treatments is what I love use to decorate in my home. I would put these up! Thanks for sharing this. Love if you share this on Fabulous Friday Party Maria
    http://www.simplenaturedecorblog.com/fabulous-friday-party-inspiring-features/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I like that idea , now I wish i had all my vintage hooks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave your comment!