Monday, February 6, 2012

Valentine Tea Party

One of my favorite teas to host is my Valentine Tea which I hold the Saturday before Valentine's Day.  
 I love pulling out my array of vintage books, cups and saucers, gloves and jewelry to decorate with.
 To protect my tea cups in the centerpieces, I use the battery-operated candles.  Draping vintage necklaces over the edge of the cup adds more charm.

I always provide the ladies with a small gift to take home. This year I made book marks.
My Valentine menu varies but always includes these Cranberry Orange Scones (recipe on my Tea Party page) served with homemade lemon curd, jam and Devonshire cream.
The scones are followed by our "Savories" course which typically includes fruited chicken salad, cucumber dill and egg salad sandwiches.

And check out this sweet 3-tier server
I picked up for 1.50 last week at my local thrift store!

Finally, dessert.  I always give myself a break and include either mini-eclairs or in this case, cheese cakes from Aldi.  I made sugar cookies and frosted them with dark chocolate icing and made mini vanilla cupcakes with pink frosting.
For more ideas on hosting your own tea party, you can visit my Tea Parties page.  Tea parties are a beautiful way to allow your guests the opportunity to sit back, relax and enjoy this special event in the midst of our hectic schedules.  

 

13 comments:

  1. I would love to attend one of your Valentine Teas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Maybe I could host a tea for my mother and sisters now that I moved close by. Valentines Day is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yum. Everything looks so good. I wish I could come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a yummy Valentine's, wish I was there...everything is so pretty too. I love the three tier silver piece, I have an English one very much like yours and it closes in the same way. Happy Valentine's.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I wish I could come over and sip tea, eat scones and cucumber sandwiches with you!!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to attend one of your Valentine teas. It would be so much fun to dress up in hat, gloves and a pretty dress.
    The menu sounds wonderful, too!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun idea to have a Valentine's tea! Your sweets and savories look especially yummy. What a super find in the three-tier server and just in time, too! How lucky your tea guests are to be invited to such a special time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and tasty looking party! Love the Valentine setting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is going to be wonderful, I just love a tea party! Thanks so much for linking with WIW, we love having you. See you next week!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything looks sooo delicious.Why don't you link your post to Seasonal Sundays?

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you are OK!
    Again, your party is amazing!!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave your comment!