Let me start off by saying I am not being compensated in any way for this post . . . I simply continue to be impressed with this company and their warranties and wanted to share my experiences with you all. We ALL have electronic gadgets these days and we've all probably paid crazy high prices for in-store warranties that were less than stellar and not worth the price you pay. For the past 10 years or so I've been using Square Trade to cover everything from laptops to cameras and IPhones and I just cannot say enough great things about this company! (They even cover appliances and televisions) My most recent experience tops them all and I'll tell you why in a little bit.
A few weeks ago . . . this is what I did (see above). Yep, left it out in the rain. Overnight. It was dripping water out of it when my husband picked it up. After putting it in a container of rice for a day, it did turn on but many of the functions (as you see above) were no longer working. Then I remembered . . . I had purchased a 3 year warranty (for 20.00) which didn't expire until 2017! So . . . on Tuesday, June 16, I filed my claim online and within an hour received a postage-paid FedEx label. On Wednesday, June 17, I dropped my box off at FedEx. Within an hour, I got an email thanking me for sending my package off! On Thursday, June 18, I got an email saying they had received my camera and it was in for repair. On Friday, June 19, I got an email saying my camera was repaired and on its way back to me.
Today, June 20, my camera arrived at my doorstep!! Like I said, I have had nothing but great experiences with them but THIS is by far the most amazing and fast yet!!
You always get a complete description of exactly what was done to the product. Just look at all they fixed! My camera is working like new!
So basically, here's how it works:
- You purchase a warranty within 30 days of buying your electronic gadget (they also cover items purchased used, i.e. on Ebay).
- You upload a copy of your receipt and your warranty and receipt are stored in your account for easy access should you need to file a claim.
- If you need to file a claim, it's quickly done online. They either email you a label or if it's a large item like a laptop, they send you a shipping box with all the packing materials and postage.
- You ship your item to them.
- They return it to you repaired OR
- If they cannot repair the item, they will deposit the amount you paid (from your receipt) into your Paypal account and you can go buy a new one!
- If they cannot repair your item in the time promised, they will compensate you in some way. For example, one time they had to keep my laptop for over a week. They refunded the entire cost of my warranty and still repaired the laptop!
- The total coverage includes EVERYTHING. That means even if you back over it with your car -- it's covered. If you drop it in the pool -- it's covered. I recommend this coverage -- you know for things like when your son is shooting pool with his laptop open, facing the pool table and his friend fires a billiard ball right into it shattering the screen . . .
- For the price of ONE year of terrible coverage from your local electronics store, you can get 2-3 years of outstanding coverage from Square Trade. And, once you are a customer, they send you discount coupons about once every other month for 30-40% off a warranty.
- The only negative I can find is the time factor and I think this would really only be a problem with a phone. You'd have to do without a phone for a few days depending on how fast they repair it.