Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Goodwill Picture Makeover for Baby

The church I work at has a nursing moms room that needed a bit of help.  It actually was kind of like a dungeon lol.  On the wall facing the rockers is a large electrical box.  I decided that attaching a large picture to it would help tremendously.


This large picture was at Goodwill for 3.00.  I thought it was pretty as is but decided to add a Bible verse to it.


After choosing a simple script font, it was printed on copy paper and using tape, placed where I wanted the words to be.  


I started using my usual method of slipping a piece of graphite paper underneath the copy paper and tracing over the letters but soon realized the finish on the picture was grabbing the graphite and leaving smudges.  I switched to a lighter touch and it worked fine.  Any smudges left behind were easily removed with a slightly damp "magic eraser".


Typically I hand paint using black, acrylic paint and a fine brush.  The surface of the picture was pretty smooth so I was able to use a paint pen.  I bought a set of these on Amazon and I really like them for detail painting on smooth surfaces.


All of the little 'spots' you see are not paint, just the way this photographed.  It actually turned out really well!


My 3.00 picture was attached to the metal electrical box using Command velcro picture hangers.  A quick, inexpensive fix for an unsightly spot!

13 comments:

  1. Well done, Lauren! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend, you are a genius! I love this, and what a wonderful reminder to the moms who will gaze upon it throughout the coming years. Simple acts of kindness like that continue to bless long after they are done. You are leaving your mark of Jesus' love everywhere you go and are such a blessing! I trust the Lord will bless you and your family with a wonderful Thanksgiving! And, if you feel so inclined, we would love to have you share your favorite Christmas memory at Homespun Devotions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a creative re-make! I'm sure the mothers will appreciate not only the sentiment, but also look at this over a dull old electrical panel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much prettier to look at than an electrical box. I bet the mommies will appreciate the sentimental touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great that you could help cover that up! I love your cheep fix...it's very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, Lauren! Your handiwork added just the prefect touch! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute. And what a nice gift to everyone who previously had to look at an electrical box.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfect piece for the nursing room. I made one to go over an electrical box that was in our old garage and stared you in the face every time you opened the garage door. Mine says--Beneath it all lies power- Go Pack Go---lol For our Green Bay Packers. xi o Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful touch you’ve created for the mothers at church. You also selected a perfect verse for them to think about as they are with their little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fun and clever makeover. Well done.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. A transformation from a dungeon LOL to a pretty room, your artistic touch is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a special make-over, Lauren. I can really relate to the words, being a new grandmother. I think it will look lovely in the nursing moms' room.

    I hope you are enjoying this wonderful Christmas season.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look at you! Those mothers must be ever so thankful for your love and thoughtfulness on their behalf.
    That's a great price! We would never find a deal like that here at our Thrifty. :(

    You have such beautiful talent~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave your comment!