Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Breakfast Banana Split

  
For my hubby's birthday I fixed him a special breakfast that included these 'banana splits'.  The original recipe was found on Chellie's blog, Art From My Table.  I just loved how it looked and even though I am not a fan of bananas, I have to say it WAS delicious and refreshing.
Bananas, blackberries, raspberries, mini chocolate chips and strawberry yogurt create this fun creation.  BUT . . . the next day, I realized I had forgotten to add the granola!  Oh well, I have enough to make these again and THIS time I will add the granola because I think that will really kick it up another notch . . . and I didn't think the first ones needed a kick!
I couldn't find Greek strawberry yogurt so I just went with the regular.  I did get the 'full fat' version but I think the 'light' would work just as well.
I followed Chellie's instructions and froze the yogurt in the containers for an hour.  I decided to use a cookie dough scoop instead of an ice cream scoop to get the cute, little round balls of frozen yogurt.  Then I put them on a flat plate, covered and returned to the freezer until the morning.
I let the yogurt balls sit on the counter for a bit to soften.  Just slice the bananas and fill the dish with the yogurt balls, berries (any kind you like).  Add a sprinkle of chocolate chips and don't forget the granola like I did!  I think these would be great with a little bit of whipped cream and sprinkles too!
An omelet, the banana splits and Cinnamon Roll French Toast Muffins (see my post on those for another easy, fun recipe!) created this special birthday breakfast!  I'm sure I'll be making these banana splits often - trying different flavors of yogurt and that little bit of whipped cream haha!

On any given week (depending on how busy I am!) I love to participate in Link Parties.  These gals put a lot of time and effort into hosting these parties so I always want to show my appreciation by directing my readers to these blogs. 

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday


11 comments:

  1. Yum that does look good. Think I would love the French toast muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren boy how yummy does that banana split look ,thankyou for all those links Lauren ,i love cooking xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOO, I love fruit and frozen yogurt so this would be awesome for a breakfast treat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like an amazing breakfast! I'm sure your husband was impressed. I would love to try the banana split - will bookmark that recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea!!!
    Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a banana for breakfast nearly every day. So I must try this super easy and delicious recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative and fun breakfast! Looks so good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH yum yum yum! What a great healthy breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A dessert-like breakfast, I love it! Thank you for sharing with us this week at Celebrate Your Story and we hope you will join us again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, the banana split looks so good. I haven't had one in such a long time. So many Yummy fruits on there, and the chocolate chips add a little extra something. I bet your husband loved his special breakfast treat. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would never have thought about freezing yogurt! Isn't that silly of me? I love frozen yogurt, but for some reason, it never dawned on me to freeze the little cartons on yogurt! This sounds so yummy! Thanks so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave your comment!