Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Easy Ribbon Jar Ring Ornaments

In keeping with trying to not spend a lot for decorations this year, I took a cue from Laurel over at Chipping With Charm and her Twine Wreath Ornaments.  Hers are so cute and rustic . . .
  Believe it or not, I didn't have much twine but I did have a lot of ribbon, including some vintage seam tape so I used those to wrap the rims.  I like how the flat ribbon created this 'indentation' on the wreath.
 I also have a bag of these tiny, tiny "pine cones".  I'm not sure what they really are but they grow on small trees around here and I collected a bunch in the fall.
 After wrapping a few with different ribbons, I added some of these pinecones and pearls on one . . .

 To another, I just added a 'spray' of the pinecones . . .
 and a book page banner and vintage key to another
 I like how these turned out and will probably be making more to use up more scraps of ribbon, etc.
Linking to these parties this week . . .
The DIY Showoff
Marvelous Mondays
From My Front Porch to Yours
Under the Table and Dreaming



  1. Your ornaments are just beautiful .. YOU do a wonderful job girl. I LOVE all your much .. I just love your blog !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hugs from Texas

  2. These are so cute! Don't you love being able to use what you already have? Very clever!

  3. What a fun idea. I love tiny pine cones. We have Hemlocks on our property in NC and I love picking up the tiniest pinecones! Sweet holiday hugs!

  4. Girl .... I mentioned you on my blog today .. CHECK it out and tell me what you think .. YOUR always a blessing... Thank you

  5. Cute, cute, cute...I especially love the one with the sheet music and the key...clever!!

  6. Lauren your ornaments are so clever and so pretty!


  7. Beautiful Lauren! I love this idea and yours are adorable! Sorry to hear that you were sick as well! Wishing you a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! Angie xo


Always appreciate and enjoy hearing from you!