Friday, September 28, 2012

Fall in the Bay . . . Window that is

 Time to dress up the bay window.  Knowing how I love book pages, it's not surprising to find them here!  Just went online to get some drawings of leaf shapes and cut them out of various shades of book pages to scatter them in the window seat.  The open book is a 1944 copy of Edna St. Vincent Millay's  poems so I found one about Autumn and opened it to that page.
The stone frame was a garage sale find so I inserted a photo I'd taken last fall that fits with the color scheme.
I'm finding never-ending uses for these letters I purchased from Jill at Bella Rosa Antiques.  Check her out -- she has so many beautiful and unusual antiques in her online store.


 So I'm finally in the 'swing' of fall and still 'tweaking' my mantle and other areas in my house but getting there!  Have a wonderful "Autumn" day!




8 comments:

  1. I just love the open book! That's such a nice way to display a special poem or story! Lovely! Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So creative! Love the leaf book pages. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! I love that poem and those game tiles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the open book, very fallish and different and warm. Can't wait to see your mantel and your other ideas. Me, I don't know where to begin with my mantel and a wicker tray I have for my kitchen. Thank you for your sweet visit my friend.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lauren, that is so fall perfect and unique, I love it. I would really love to have a bay window!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Very Fall-ish and different. The musical sheet leaves are my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the unique letters. I am ready for fall if only the weather out here would cooperate

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks lovely Lauren!! I like the little white gourd too!!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave your comment!