Friday, June 10, 2011

Anniversary Tea and GW Finds


Yesterday was our 27th wedding anniversary.  Being low on funds and low on time (my husband had to be at a wedding rehearsal as he’s performing their wedding today!) I decided to have a romantic tea for him when he came home.  Earlier in the day I stopped by my local Goodwill store and found some real treasures to add to my ‘tea service’ collection!






 
These candelabra knocked me out at $4.99 each! I found the first one and put it in my basket and then over on a shelf with luggage and other ‘stuff’ was ANOTHER one! I was giddy!  And let me tell you – these girls are HEAVY! “How heavy” you ask?  They’re so heavy that ONE of them on my passenger seat was activating the seat belt light!   I don’t know what they’re made of but they are staying as is – to me, they’re perfection!



These six plates were .99 each and will be a great addition to my Victorian Teas!  

For our Anniversary Tea I made Blueberry Lemon Sugar Scones, Devonshire Cream, Lemon Curd and used some Strawberry Rhubarb Jam made by a good friend of mine.  We then enjoyed Fruited Almond Chicken Salad and Tuna Salad Sandwiches.  Finally I made some sugar cookies and dipped strawberries in chocolate.  I cheated and bought the adorable little éclairs at Aldi!  We enjoyed all of this with Provence Rooibos tea and Billy Holiday playing in the background.

 
For my centerpiece I was able to use the little ‘floor protectors’ I found a few weeks ago at an antique store to hold tea lights and a stack of books I had just removed the covers from and spray painted.  The old eyeglasses I’ve had for so long, I don’t remember where I got those!
 
It was a lovely, relaxing way to celebrate our day!'

I'm submitting this and my wedding post over at Angelic Accents where Stephanie is hosting her 2nd Annual Wedding Blog Party!  Check it out -- so fun to see all things 'wedding related' including great posts from ladies about THEIR weddings!


13 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! Don't you just love finding inexpensive (cheap) treasures! Your menu just sounds luscious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful post!! And congratulations on your son's wedding!!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 27th Anniversary! Love the way you celebrated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary to you both. It sounds like you had a very special day. I just love those candlesticks you found, what a great bargain. I think I'd leave the just the way I found them too. Really like those pretty plates too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you and your Sweetie had a wonderful tea.
    thank you for your sweet comments .. sadly many of the promises made to my mother were not kept. But she never waivered.
    (())

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congraulations on your Wedding Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks so yummy, Happy Anniversary. It's no much fun to have tea with my hubby also.
    He had a stroke so we don't go out much but we enjoy our tea at home.
    Hugs...Lu

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous anniversary, blessings. Great GW finds.
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, Your wedding post is beautiful, loved your pretty tea, everything looked delish. Happy Anniversary! Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment.
    Hugs, Shirl
    Shirls Rose Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Lauren, I'm so glad you added this post to our Wedding Blog Party! I bet your husband was thrilled to come home to this! Beautiful food, and such a pretty presentation, too. I love those candelabra! Did you make the beautiful pink tray that your teapot is sitting on?!?

    Happy Happy 27th Wedding Anniversary and may God bless the two of you with many many more years! We will celebrate 37 yrs. tomorrow!

    My out of town relatives are gone now, and I'm so enjoying all my friend's beautiful wedding posts!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is very beautiful arrangement of each and every stuffs. I like the light stand. It is totally unique, as well as simple but stylish.
    buy my car

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a WONDERFUL post...congratulations on your anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave your comment!