Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Tiny "Rice" Bunnies


I found these adorable little Bunny Sachets at craft passion.com so I had to make a few for myself.  At her sight she provides you with the printable pattern and directions so I won’t give you the step by step but only things I did differently.  Here is the direct link to the tutorial:  http://www.craftpassion.com/2011/02/sewing-bunny-sachet-pattern-tutorial.html

I used three different fabric scraps which I soaked in tea to give them an aged look.

I still wasn’t satisfied with them so I decided to crumple the fabric and rub it over an ink pad.  

 
I STILL wasn’t satisfied with the plain fabric so I used a few of my rubber stamps and some coordinating inks to stamp on the fabric.  NOW I was happy!

 
I then cut them out and sewed them according to her directions.  The only thing I did differently here is that I clipped the curves (something my sewing teacher from 40 years ago would be proud of!) which makes for cleaner curves when you turn it right side out.  Be sure to use her method using tweezers for turning – it’s SO easy!





















As she points out, you can fill these with lavender or other sweet smelling things to make sachets but I chose to fill mine with rice.   













Before you begin to fill – make sure you tie off the ears (I used twine) so the rice stays just in the ‘body’.   




I made a little ‘funnel’ out of cardstock and used that to pour the rice into the opening of the bunnies. 



Once filled, I used a needle and thread to stitch the opening closed.  (I kept the bottom open for filling instead of the side because it seemed much easier and since I was going to have these ‘sitting’, it just made more sense to have a nice flat bottom.)

 







To display them, I used some heavy-duty, clear packing tape rolled up and stuck to the cake plate so they’d stand up nice and straight.  I made a little tag using some clip art from the internet and attached the clip and tag with Sticky Tack so I can remove it after Easter.




I think these are just so adorable and have SO many possibilities!  Can’t you see them as little place cards or little favors at each dinner guest’s plate to take home?  Or hanging by their little ears on a decorative clothesline for a cute Easter garland?  How about as an addition to an Easter wreath?  I could go on and on but if you’ve got some scraps of fabric and just a few minutes, you can go whip up a bunch of these just in time for Easter!








29 comments:

  1. These are adorable! I love your idea of using them as place cards/favors too. I just used tea yesterday to dye some paper, but I've never thought of doing this with fabric. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are all so so cute.. and u are right, so many possiblities.. I will hv to remember this to make next year for my etsy shop.. they are adorable! hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are very sweet and I love the addition of the tag. Thanks for sharing your bunnies with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so darn cute! Never saw anything like them. I love them all grouped together like you have them.

    I have a weekly linky party called Terrific Under Ten Tuesdays. It's where you link up a project for $10 or less. I would love for you join in sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute, and so many possibilites as to what you can do with them, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww these are so cute! I love their little ears :)

    Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are just adorable!! Thanks for visiting. I'm now following you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! Lots of ways you could use these. Thanks for linking up!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely adore this project! I am hosting a Springtime Craft and Project linky party today and I would love it if you would particpate.

    There is a giveaway involved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodness these are just darling!! How creative! Thanks for sharing at FNF! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those ears, they are just so cute. Love the old fabric! So glad you linked up the fun with VIF, hugs Debra

    ReplyDelete
  12. uh oh. My daughter will flip over these. I think I've found our preEaster craft activity! Thanks so much for including the how-to's! Glad I found you today via French Country's linky! -diane
    http://www.sweeteuropeandreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are just sooo cute.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are sooooo cute! My kiddos would just love seeing those in their Easter baskets...filled with treats of course. :-) Thanks so much for linking this up to Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lauren, thanks for joining my newbie party..glad you did, and thanks for sharing your cute Easter decor with us.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute ! Cute ! Thanks for linking to Favorite Things. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awe! Super cute! Thanks so much for sharing! ;)

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute...and I love the vintage Easter cards!!

    april
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lauren, These are super cute and can be used for so many things! I have featured these today. Thanks so much for stopping by and linking up to the Sunday Showcase - I greatly appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful holiday! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really sweet bunnies, thank you for joining us at A Crafty Soiree. I'll be featuring these tomorrow:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi, Lauren! I'm your newest follower :) You've got so much creativity going on in your blog so can
    you please share them with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop?

    This is a combination of linky party (where we can show off our
    creations) and of blog hop (where we can follow as many excellent
    bloggers as we like), hence the name Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop.
    It's a great way to meet awesome creative bloggers like you and increase your followers in the process.

    All you have to do is 1) link up whatever creative post you'd like to
    share - can be a DIY project, decor, photography, crafts, recipes,
    poem, thrift finds, tips, or that informative syndicated post that can
    make us laugh, or cry - in short, whatever you're proud of! 2) Then
    follow as many blogs as your heart desires, preferably starting first
    with the one before you and after you, and leave a comment to them
    that you're doing so.

    You’re not required to include the party button but if you’re so inclined
    to display it in your blog or your post, you’re very much welcome to
    do so :)

    See you at http://www.homemakeronadime.com/2011/04/creative-bloggers-party-hop-042411.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love these! I'm bookmarking it for next spring! Thanks for stopping by my blog today...and thanks for the sweet comment on my headband holder!

    Good luck during omtwi!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

I'VE BEEN FEATURED!